Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Library Card As A Pop-Culture Fiend's Ticket To Geek Paradise

Nils Geylan
Blogged by Linda Holmes on NPR
There's a big public library literally across the street from my bank and the supermarket where I most frequently pick up stuff like milk and paper towels. Across the street. As in: first I buy Diet Coke, then I dodge one SUV careening around the corner, and I'm there.
And yet, until this weekend, I'd never been in it and I had no library card.
I know.
I've talked a bunch of times about the economics of e-book purchasing and paper book purchasing, about my love of paperback romance novels, and about how unattached I am to book ownership and the growth of my personal library, and somehow, I never crossed the street . . . Click for the rest of the story

No comments:

Post a Comment